By popular demand, we are introducing the Market Membership
There are people who love our vegetables and would like to support our farm but find the weekly basket concept too restrictive for their lifestyle. Summer travel plans, a desire to make selective purchases, and basket amounts either too large or too small for their meal budgets make it difficult for them to make the seasons’ 8 week commitment.
The Market Membership is an easy way to buy the variety of vegetables you want, in the quantity you want, when you want — and still make an important financial commitment to our small organic farm.
Please note that this option is only available to residents of Ottawa, as our two markets on the weekend are located at the Ottawa Farmers Market locations of Westboro and Landsdowne
How it works
Purchase a Market Membership for $100 and receive a credit at Nation River Farms market stands for the amount you’ve paid plus an additional 10%. (Your total credit is $110). The credit is available for the 2017 season at our Ottawa market locations (Westboro on Saturdays, 9h30 – 15h00 pm) and (Landsdowne on Sundays, 9h00 – 16h00) from late-July to early October.
Any leftover credit will NOT be extended to 2017, so be sure to use all of your credit.
- The Market Membership can be used at our market stands to purchase all vegetables plus other items, such as eggs and seedlings for transplanting
- Your Membership credit expires at the end of our market season, which is usually around mid-October. Any leftover credit will be lost
- No pre-ordering of vegetables is permitted. We operate on a first-come, first-serve basis
Advantages of the Market Membership compared to CSA Basket shares
- Cashless buying
- Buy only the vegetables you want; as much as you want, when you want. This is ideal for planned events, for example, having a dinner party and you only need several bunches of carrots and spinach.
- Away on holidays? Your vegetable credit is waiting for your return.
- You forgot that it’s market day – at least you haven’t lost your vegetables.
- You may share the Market Membership with friends and family.